No replies
1997, Indianapolis, IN - Sammy Moment!
hagar101397's picture

At Murat Theater in 1997, my best friend (Sammie) & I threw a rose with a note card 'I'm having my first kid, I want to name it after you. What's your middle name?' Hagar's response - "In my whole career - no one has asked that. My middle name is Roy. But, don't if's a boy - don't name him after me, name him Elvis, Hendrix or ZZ. But if it's a girl - name her Kama." The crowd chanted 'Roy, Roy, Roy..' Then Sammy proceeded with the song Kama.
Well, Sammy - you have been the main 'man' in my world of music. My son is named Tyson James 'Roy' Sullivan. Yes, that's the name on his birth certificate! (I wanted to name him Sammy Roy - but his dad was like - NO, you need help!, lol). And in 2 days - we (TJ Roy, Sammie & I) are going to see you again in Indy. Note - he seen you the first time when he was 4. And we seen you at Indy 500 a few years ago. Super stoked for another show!!! I will cry - as I do each & every time I see you!
BTW... I have tickets from Feb, 10, 1985 at the Fabulous Forum in CA - are these still redeemable? Going to CA is on my bucket list....js!

Counting down the hours until Thurs, May 23rd!!!